Today is the Bountiful Summerfest that my
mom and
Erika are showing my mom's leaf art at. I'm sad that I can't attend. Robert and I went last summer, and it was a lot of fun. It's also fun seeing my mom get really into displaying her art. The leaves that she presses, embroiders and frames really are beautiful. I also think I like Utah because it's a place of no commitments for me. When I'm there it's on holiday, so I don't have anything that I need to be doing work wise. I can relax, drink coffee, shop and visit friends. Not a bad gig in my opinion! Maybe I'll go and visit the Utah house this year, although Pap probably wouldn't let Robert come, so then obviously I wouldn't go either.
Here's meine Mutter displaying some of her artwork:
My cousin Sarah Clark (nee Winn) also showed her artwork at the same booth. She's a pretty talented artist, and likes to focus on dragons.
Here are the pieces that Sarah brought (photographed at home rather than at the festival):
Update: My mom said that the festival was a lot of fun and that lots of people stopped by the booth. She sold a lot of pieces and I know that she enjoyed herself a lot. It's good to see family members doing something that they get pleasure from.
No comments:
Post a Comment