Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 4

Day 4 of gluten-free veganism! I've been to the gym twice, but last night I couldn't go because I had my work/school/food shopping day. By the time I ate dinner it was like 8:30PM. Plus work was incredibly stressful yesterday and by the time I got home I collapsed on my bed and didn't want to move.

I already feel better because I know that I am making healthier choices. I hadn't been regulating my food at all, and just eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and that isn't a good recipe for me. It also helps to know that my sister (who blogs here) is being health conscious, Robert is as well, and one of my good friends at work is really sticking to her health regimen. It definitely helps to be surrounded by healthy people.

My goal is to get back to the weight I was at when I met Robert (which is not small feat, if you believe it or not. That was 1.5 years ago, after all) and to be able to fit into my old clothing again. Totally doable.

I miss working out with Katy (who tweets here) like we used to when I wasn't working during the day. That was the best fitness wise that I've been in my life I think. There was a window of time right after high school that I think I was doing well health wise, but that quickly slipped into eating disordered thinking and at this point the whole period seems cloudy to me. I look back and it all just seems to be a slide from losing weight in Senior year to going to the clinic at 19. So 1.5 years ago was probably the healthiest I've been, and I am pushing to get back to that.

In other news, I just have one more day until I'm on my weekend! I am really looking forward to sleeping in and then hitting the gym. My goal is to go both Sunday and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment