Wish me luck!
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Plateau
So I've been doing the vegan thing for a little over a week now. You never realize how many foods you eat have animal products in them until you cut that out! It's good that I am taking a more concentrated look at what I'm putting into my body. I have been on a plateau weight-wise though for the past three weeks. I thought that going vegan would kick me out of that, but that hasn't happened. I think some of why that's happening is because my workouts have definitely gone downhill. Not the quality of them per se, but the frequency. With midterms being this week and last week working out has taken the back burner. I have my last midterm in about 45 minutes, then a coffee date with a friend, then its GYM TIME! I am going to bust out a long cardio routine and then go again tomorrow morning as well. I need to get back into my 7 day a week routine. I am going to get out of this plateau! Luckily I haven't gained any weight at all. It's all within a pound that I'm hovering, so that's not a big deal. By November 14th I want to be 5 lbs more down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vegan... I have thought about it but have not at any point been very committed to the idea. I am going on 8 months vegetarian though.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
I have pretty much plateaued for that long too! It's horrible :(
ReplyDeleteI hope your exam went well :)
ReplyDeleteI'd say a week is quite a short time to expect your body to get used to veganism and out of the plateau. I'd also say veganism is not a quick way to lose weight (without ending up really sick) because you aren't going to be getting the amino acids from meats or the vitamins, you aren't going to be getting the same vitamins. Vegan dieting has to be slow! Please take care xxx