I wrote my first Wikipedia article! That had been on my bucket list, so I'm glad that I am able to check that off. My article is on Brent W. Jeffs, author of 'Lost Boy' and nephew to FLDS leader Warren Jeffs. The link for the article is here.
Since that article I've made some additions to other pages that already exist, but sometime soon I would like to get another article on there as well. It's fun researching people, and I like knowing that I'm contributing to a knowledge base that can help other people. I know that I use Wikipedia a lot, and it has tons of great information on it.
This makes me wonder if I'll ever do research for a book. I love researching and finding out information and compiling it; that's why I always did well on my papers in school. Doing that for a book would obviously take a lot more time, but it would be a really interesting endeavor and a great accomplishment. The trick would be to find something interesting enough to stick with for that amount of time. It would take years, especially while going to grad school and working full time. Tying it into my grad thesis would probably be the best route for me to go! I'm going to have to do research for that anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment