I'm totally addicted to the library. I have been here three days in a row now. They have dvds, books, magazines, newspapers and internet, and it's all free! How can you go wrong with that? I'm totally in love. And in the last two weeks I've read 3 books.
1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
...and...
3. Triumph by Carolyn Jessop
I'm keeping a record of all the books that I read in my 'book jourrnal'. I know thats super nerdy but I love looking back over the list of books that I have read, along with their corresponding reviews. I've only kept it since January so there's only about 14 books in there. I've started 'Geisha, A Life', which is the memoir of a Geisha that actually had a lot to do with the development of Memoirs of a Geisha. She was the geiko (as the author calls herself) that Arthur Golden interviewed at length for his novel. I thought that it would be a lot more interesting but I am half way through it right now and I'm finding it pretty tedious and not that interesting. Either way, I will be on to another book by the end of the week. I want to read at least two a month, and at this rate I'll be doing much more than that. But school starts in about a month and that will defintely put a damper on leisure reading.
Any good recommendations for books that are your favorites?
If you are into the civil war, "Rifles for Watie" is great. If you like reading religious intrigue, "God's Smuggler" was great.
ReplyDeletesince you keep a journal of books you read, you should check out goodreads.com. it's like a facebook for readers, you can get a lot of recommendations and review books you've read. i'm just as addicted to that website as i am to actually reading!
ReplyDelete